SL GREEN REALTY (SLG) Stocks
ABOUT SL GREEN REALTY
SL Green Realty Corp. is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). The company focusses mainly on buying, managing, constructing, leasing, development and boosting value, financing, of property in Manhattan. The company’s property portfolio includes interests in 96 commercial properties buildings in Manhattan, totaling at 46.4 million square feet.
The company operates through its Real Estate and Debt sector and its Preferred Equity Investments.
SL Green Realty Corp. is an S&P 500 component. It is headquartered New York City and employs approximately 1 100 people. For more detailed information visit SL Green Realty Corp
HISTORY OF SL GREEN REALTY
- Stephen L. Green forms S.L. Green Properties, Inc. in 1980. In 1997 SL Green Realty is founded. In 2004 the company sells The Knickerbocker Hotel for a price of $160 million.
- A year later the company buys Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Tower for a price of $916 million. The building is turned into apartment houses. In 2006 Reckson Associates is purchased for a price of $4 billion.
- March 2008 sees S.L. Green Realty selling 1250 Broadway for a purchase price of $310 million. The company’s One Court Square in Long Island City is sold for $481 million to Joel Schreiber and David Werner. In 2012 the company buys 724 Fifth Avenue. The next couple of years is a series of acquisitions.
VISION & VALUES OF SL GREEN REALTY
- The company values its social and environmental responsibilities. During 2018 the company has invested more than $50 million in energy. This includes the retrofitting of LED lights, installation and steam station insulation. More than 219 000 kilowatt hours are reduced through response participation. The company and its employees assist with park cleanups and donations.
- In 2018 the company invests more than $220 million in public transit improvements. The company is involved in green initiatives, including LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental) design. 63 percent of its Manhattan operating properties are LEED Certified.
- It is also ENERGY STAR certified and recipient of the year for Sustained Excellence. SL Green Realty Corp. donates $1 million to charitable organizations and philanthropic programs. During 2016 and 2017 the company is named by Real Estate Finance and Investment as the Most Sustainable Real Estate Investment Trust.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SL GREEN REALTY
- SL Green Realty Corp trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “SLG”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $13,629,941 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $148,978 thousand and deferred revenue is $122,941 thousand. Total revenues are $313,024 thousand.
- Total expenses are $258,383 thousand and net income is $173,741 thousand. Comprehensive income is $148,093 thousand. Dividends and distributions payable in the reported period are $79,272 million.
LATEST NEWS SL GREEN REALTY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SL GREEN REALTY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SL GREEN REALTY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SL GREEN REALTY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SL GREEN REALTY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SL GREEN REALTY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?