ABOUT STANDARD BANK
📊 Standard Bank Group Limited, a South African financial services group, is the African continent’s biggest lender by assets, and has its corporate headquarters in Johannesburg, Gauteng, in South Africa.
📊 The group’s history can be traced back to the founding of Standard Bank in October 1962, under the name of The Standard Bank of South Africa, by British bank Standard Bank. The bank started its operations in Port Elizabeth in 1863. It then completed a number of mergers, including the Colesberg Bank, the Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, the Faurismith Bank and the British Kaffrarian Bank.
📊 Standard Bank was known as the Standard Bank of South Africa up to 1962, at which time it has extended its operations across the whole of South Africa. After 1962, the bank began expanding into Africa by opening branches in the Ivory Coast, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda. The Standard Bank group boasts a diverse international portfolio, with business interest in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Jersey, Turkey and Russia.
📊 The banking group is the largest in Africa in terms of market capitalization (approximately R317 billion, or US$28 billion). Standard Bank Group Limited offers an extensive portfolio of banking services such as commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, private banking, consumer banking, wealth management and insurance. The group operates in about 20 countries on the African continent.
You might also like: SOUTH32 SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF STANDARD BANK
- Standard Bank Group Limited has been very successful since its inception, mostly due to its British roots which – to this day – is a significant driving force behind its strong financial performance. It international presence has brought the bank perks from market-leading experts. Today, the company employs approximately 55 000 people across its operations, which is testimony to its sheer growth demand.
- The company conducts its operations according to a set of core values that drive growth and addsvalue for its shareholders. The bank group is passionate about going the extra mile for its clientele. Its business approach is proactive, which captures people’s attention and attracts investors. Attracting interest is the most important factor in ensuring a bank’s success and sustainable growth.
- The bank’s drive and sheer determination are evident in all of its activities. This grows and maintains investor confidence and stimulates growth, as it attracts a wider clientele. Shareholders can also buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns. This proactive business approach enables the bank to achieve another core incentive, namely to uphold the highest level of integrity.
- The company’s growth, locally and internationally, has enabled it shares to grow and increase in value over the years. The company trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the stock symbol “SBKP”.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF STANDARD BANK
- Standard Bank’s assets demand attention from serious investors. The company’s strong financials speak volumes. For instance, it boast assets totalling R2 trillion, headline earnings of R26 billion and market capitalisation of R317 billion. The company continuously steers towards brighter horizons.
- The company always includes its shareholders in all of its business decisions and ventures. This approach instils confidence and maintains strong stakeholder relationships. The bank continues to drive – and share – growth incentives.
- Purchasing company shares is, therefore, a lucrative move towards creating wealth and prosperity.
You might also like: SIRIUS REAL ESTATE SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy STANDARD BANK Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN STANDARD BANK STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE STANDARD BANK STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of STANDARD BANK stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy STANDARD BANK stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : SIBANYE GOLD SHARES