SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES (TYO: 5802) Shares
ABOUT SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES
📊 Sumitomo Electric Industries is an Osaka-based manufacturer of electric wire and optical fibre cables. The company has a history dating back to 1987 when it was first established in order to produce copper wire for electrical uses.
📊 During the early 1900s the company began to expand its portfolio to include the production of coated wires, power cables and telecommunication cables. By 1911 the company had laid the first Japan-made high-voltage underground cables.
📊 Today, the company’s electrical wiring harness systems, which are used to send information and energy to automobiles, hold the largest market share in the world.
📊 Sumitomo Electric Industries also continues to be the leading manufacturer of composite semiconductors, which are widely used in semiconductor lasers, LEDs, and mobile telecommunications devices. The company is one of the top three manufacturers of optical fibre in the world.
OVERVIEW OF SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES
Sumitomo Electric Industries operates in five business fields, namely Automotive, Information and Communications, Electronics, Environment and Energy, and Industrial Materials. The company is also currently developing its Life Sciences and Materials and Resources divisions. The company has more than 350 subsidiaries and over 270 000 employees in more than 30 countries.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries has traditionally maintained an intensive focus on R&D in order to continually develop its product line. As such, the company’s technologies have been used in major projects including traffic control in Thailand, the improvement of Telecom networks in Nigeria, membrane technology for waste water treatment in Korea, and bridge construction in Germany.
- The company’s automotive segment accounts for 50% of its annual sales. Sumitomo Electric Industries supplies the global market with a broad range of products, including wiring harnesses for in-vehicle data and energy transmission, and anti-vibration rubber.
The company’s info-communications division supplies various products to manufacturers of smart phones, flat-screen televisions, and other highly advanced electronic goods. The company’s environment and energy division provides electric wire and cable products that underpin stable energy supply.
Lastly, the company’s industrial materials division manufactures products used in many industries, including special metal wires for pre-stressed concrete used in civil engineering and construction projects.
VISION & VALUES OF SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES
Sumitomo Electric Industries affords top priority to social credibility and corporate ethics.
- Working in accordance with this core value, the company strives to enhance its CSR efforts, its communication with stakeholders and human rights.
- These policies are pillared on strict governance, risk management and compliance guidelines which contribute to the company’s social values and to a better society and environment.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES
Sumitomo Electric Industries trades on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO), where investors can buy shares under the stock code TYO 5802.
- Data from the company’s 2019 financial analysis shows a revenue increase from the previous fiscal year, with net sales amounting to 3 177 985 million yen, an increase of 3.1%.
- The company’s strong performance has allowed investors to buy or sell shares with confidence, providing sound dividends and a solid buy-in for those who choose to purchase shares in 2020 and in the future.
LATEST NEWS SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES
Buy SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?