SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO (TYO: 5713) Shares
ABOUT SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO
📊 Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd (SMM) is involved in mining, smelting and refining of non-ferrous metals as well as sales and manufacturing of advanced materials. It headquarters in Minato-ku, Tokyo.
📊 The Sumitomo copper business began in 1590 in Kyoto. Copper smelting and copper work were performed under the name Izumiya. In 1690, due to large outcrops of copper ore found on the southern slopes of the Akaishi Mountain range in Ehime Prefecture, the Besshi copper mine developed.
📊 A copper smelter at Niihama began operations in 1888 and was later moved to an offshore island in the Seto Inland Sea called Shisaka. In 1960, SMM established Tokyo Electronic Metal Co., Ltd. to manufacture electronic materials.
📊 The Besshi mine closed in March 1973 but mining of a gold deposit in Kagoshima Prefecture began in 1981. In 2001, SMM began construction of a new nickel refining facility on the island of Palawan in the Philippines.
OVERVIEW OF SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO
Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd is a Japan-based company involved in the development of resources and the manufacture and sale of non-ferrous metal products, semiconductor and functional materials. The company has three business divisions.
- The Resource division is involved in the exploration, development, production and sale of non-ferrous metal resources, as well as the geological survey and civil engineering businesses.
- The Smelting and Refining division in involved in the smelting and sale of copper, nickel, zinc and precious metals, as well as the manufacture and sale of stretched copper products and special steel castings.
The Material division in involved in the manufacture, processing and sale of semiconductor materials and functional materials, as well as the manufacture and sale of chemical catalysts and other products.
The Company is also involved in the real estate and engineering business, as well as the design and manufacture of equipment.
VISION & VALUES OF SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO
Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd’s vision is to improve technical capabilities to fulfill its social responsibilities as a manufacturing enterprise.
- Based on the principles of compliance, environmental protection and operational safety, SMM Group shall pursue maximum corporate value through the securing of resources and the provision of high-quality materials such as non-ferrous metals and advanced materials via its global network.
- Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd commits to its value chain to ensure it reaches its set goals, meet current and future needs of customers and maximizes returns, income growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with it.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO
Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd’s shares trade on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE/TYO) under the stock symbol TYO 5713. Sumitomo metal Mining Co., Ltd lists in the Business Sector: Mining and Metals.
- For the second quarter of the 2019 financial year ending on September 30, the company reports net sales of 422 404 million yen, down 9.5%, profit before tax of 36 365 million yen, down with 50.3% and profit of 32 070 million yen, down 48%. Profit attributable to owners of parent is 29 386 million yen, down 49.4%. Basic earnings per share are 106.94 yen.
- Due to Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd’s continued performance on this market, shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns during 2020 and in future.
LATEST NEWS SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO
Buy SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SUMITOMO METAL MINING CO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?