SYMANTEC (SYMC) Stocks
📊 Symantec Corporation (known as Symantec), an American software company, was incorporated on April 19, 1988 and has its headquarters in Mountain View, California. The company focuses on cybersecurity software and services and provides its clients with security and information management solutions.
📊 It operates through a global civilian cyber intelligence threat network and tracks threats across the Internet from endpoints, mobile devices and servers worldwide. The company has development centers in Pune, Chennai and Bengaluru (India).
📊 The company was founded in 1982 by Gary Hendrix and originally focused on artificial intelligence-related projects. In 1984 it was acquired by C&E Software but retained the name Symantec.
📊 The new Symantec combined file management and word-processing functionalities and added and advanced Natural Language query system that set new standards database-query and report generation. The latter was named “The Intelligent Assistant”.
📊 In 2016 the company sold its information-management subsidiary, Veritas Technologies (which it had acquired in 2004) to the Carlyle Group. The company’s name is a portmanteau of the words “syntax” and “semantics”. Today, the company employs approximately 12 500 people across its operations.
You might also like: SVB FINANCIAL GROUP STOCKS
HISTORY OF SYMANTEC
- Symantec Corporation conducts its operations through two segments: Consumer Security and Enterprise Security. The company’s services portfolio includes business critical services, consulting services, customer success services, cyber security services and education services.
- The Consumer Security segment assists customers to be productive and protected at home and at work. This segment’s Norton-branded services offer multi-layer security and identity protection on desktop and mobile operating systems that provides protection against online threats to individuals, families and small businesses. These products also manage the increase in mobile and digital data such as photos, personal financial records, music and videos. Enterprise Security protects companies so they can safely conduct business.
- This segment’s portfolio comprises threat protection products, information protection products and cyber security services. These products and services assist customers to secure information in transit, and wherever the information resides in the network path. This protects customer data from advanced protection threats, malicious spam and phishing attacks, hackers, malware and cyber criminals.
- These products also prevent the loss of confidential data and assist customers to comply with laws and regulations. Enterprise endpoint security and management offerings in this segment support the evolving endpoint by providing advanced threat protection while reducing cost and complexity. These solutions are delivered via software, software-as-a-service (SaaS) and managed services.
VISION & VALUES OF SYMANTEC
- Symantec Corporation is passionate about helping its clientele to protect their personal information and devices. The company seeks to deliver extraordinary products and services that add value for clients as well as shareholders who purchase company shares.
- Symantec’s operations are deeply rooted in values such as boldness, agility, openness, honesty, customer focus, passion, collaboration and diversity. By implementing these values in its daily operations, the company creates trust among its partners and stakeholders and stimulates growth.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SYMANTEC
- Symantec Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “SYMC”. The company is an S&P 500 component. In 2018 the company recorded total revenue of US$4.846 billion, a 21% increase over the previous fiscal cycle.
- Cash flow for fiscal 2018 was US$950 million. These sound financials bode well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: SNAP-ON STOCKS
LATEST NEWS SYMANTEC
Buy SYMANTEC stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SYMANTEC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SYMANTEC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SYMANTEC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SYMANTEC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SYMANTEC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SYMANTEC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS STOCKS