THE BUCKLE (BKE) Stocks
ABOUT THE BUCKLE
📊 The Buckle, Inc. is a retail company that offers footwear, sportswear, casual wear, accessories, swimwear, sunglasses, bags and fragrances to its customers. The company’s portfolio includes approximately 450 stores across 42 states.
📊 These are located across 10 strip centers, 394 shopping malls, 4 downtown sites and 57 lifestyle centers in the United States. Customers can buy fashionable items from medium to higher priced brands such as Fossil, Timberland, Hurley, Amuse Society, Buffalo Jeans, Levi’s, Rock Revival, Oakley, Free People, White Crow, Miss Me, Flying Monkey and Big Star Vintage. Buckle also offers loyalty programs, free gift wrapping, layaways, free hemming and its Buckle private label credit cards.
📊 The Buckle, Inc.’s headquarters is located in Kearney, Nebraska. The company employs more than 9 000 people across the nation.
You might also like: BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING STOCKS
HISTORY OF THE BUCKLE
- In 1948 the company is founded as a men’s clothing store named Mills Clothing in Kearney, Nebraska.
- The company buys a second store in 1967 and names it Brass Buckle.
- By the 1970’s the company offers a variety of denim products at affordable prices. In 1977 the store expands to a mall and customers can now also buy women’s apparel. Brass Buckle is renamed The Buckle, Inc. In 1991 and develops its private label named “bkle”. It is still a popular brand today and known as “BKE”.
- In 1992 the company expands its portfolio to Texas, Michigan, Tennessee and Ohio, with the purchase of 18 new stores. It now operates approximately 100 stores in 18 states. Annual sales exceeds $100 million and it starts trading publicly on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
- The Buckle, Inc. moves to the New York Stock Exchange in 1997.
- By 1998 the company’s sales exceed $300 million.
- It operates approximately 200 stores in 29 states. It soon launches it first ecommerce site. The Buckle, Inc. achieves organic growth and soon becomes the successful company that it is today.
VISION & VALUES OF THE BUCKLE
- The Buckle, Inc. takes its corporate social responsibilities very seriously and is committed to ethical business practices. The company believes in contributing to and supporting its communities, educational organizations and environment.
- Buckle and its employees participate in charity events and contribute to non-profit organizations and other initiatives. Organizations that benefit from these contributions include The American Red Cross, The S.A.F.E. Center, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Kearney’s Animal Shelter, Goodfellows and Boys Town. Buckle’s efforts to conserve and protect the environment include plastic, cardboard and paper recycling in the workplace and at home.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF THE BUCKLE
- The Buckle, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BKE”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending May 4, 2019 reports total assets of $ 880,365 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 183,939 thousand and gross profit is $ 76,653 thousand. Net income is $ 15,092 thousand and operating expenses are $ 57,919 thousand.
- The Buckle, Inc. pays quarterly dividends on its common stock.
You might also like: BIG LOTS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS THE BUCKLE
Buy THE BUCKLE stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase THE BUCKLE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy THE BUCKLE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN THE BUCKLE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE THE BUCKLE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of THE BUCKLE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy THE BUCKLE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP STOCKS