THE CHEMOURS COMPANY (CC) Stocks
ABOUT THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
📊 The Chemours Company is an American company that manufactures and distributes performance chemicals. It is the largest producer in the world of high-quality titanium dioxide with Ti-Pure™ for plastics, paper, laminates and coatings.
📊 The company produces refrigerants, titanium dioxide and fluoropolymer as well as industrial and specialty chemicals used for the production of gold, agriculture, oil refining and other industries.
📊 The company’s performance chemicals fall within three segments: Fluoroproducts (industrial fluoropolymer and refrigerant resins which include Teflon, Nafion, Freon, Viton and Krytox); Chemical Solutions (sulphuric acid, reactive metals, cyanide, methylamines and aniline); and Titanium Technologies (titanium dioxide).
Its history dates back to 2015 when it was founded as a spin-off from DuPont.
📊 Chemours is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and today it has more than 7 000 employees.
📊 The Chemours Company’s subsidiaries include Antec International, Chemours (Korea) Inc., Southern Ionics Minerals, LLC, Chemours France SAS, Chemours Taiwan Ltd., F T Chemical, Inc. and Chemours Netherlands BV.
HISTORY OF THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
- In 2013 DuPont announces its plan to spin-off its performance chemicals business into a new publicly traded company. This will be done in mid-2015 and the company will be called The Chemours Company. In December 2014 DuPont files its initial Form 10 with the SEC.
- On July 1, 2015 the spin-off to DuPont shareholders is complete. The Chemours Company’s stock starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange on the same day. By 2017, in less than two years, Chemours realizes its potential among the international commercial elite and becomes a Fortune 500 Company.
- In 2016 more than $ 600 million is invested into the Ti-Pure™ plant in Altamira, Mexico. This increases the plant’s capacity significantly and ensures that it continues to serve its international customers – maintaining Chemours’ status as the largest TiO2 producer in the world.
- In the same year the company completes its strategic review of its Chemical Solutions portfolio. Chemours sells its Sulfur Products business for an estimated price of $ 325 million. The company also announces its $ 230 million planned sale of its Clean and Disinfects business.
- In 2019 Chemours buys Southern Ionics Minerals, LLC (SIM) – a minerals exploration, mining and manufacturing company. In the same year the company achieves National Certification as a Great Place to Work® for a second year in a row.
VISION & VALUES OF THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
- The Chemours Company believes in creating a colourful, cleaner and capable world through the power of chemistry.
- The company’s values are customer centered and it drives customer and company growth by understanding its customers’ needs and building relationships that last well into the future.
- It aspires to improve the lives of people across the globe by harnessing the power of chemistry and using it to be a catalyst for the better.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
- The Chemours Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CC”. It is an S&P 400 Component.
- In its second quarter 2019 the company reports net sales of $ 1.4 billion and net income of $ 96 million, with diluted EPS of $ 0.57. Its adjusted net income is $ 120 million, with diluted adjusted EPS of $ 0.72.
- Adjusted EBITDA is $ 283 million. Chemours returned $ 108 million to its shareholders through share repurchases and dividends