THE CHEMOURS COMPANY (CC) Stocks
ABOUT THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
📊 The Chemours Company is an American company that manufactures and distributes performance chemicals. It is the largest producer in the world of high-quality titanium dioxide with Ti-Pure™ for plastics, paper, laminates and coatings.
📊 The company produces refrigerants, titanium dioxide and fluoropolymer as well as industrial and specialty chemicals used for the production of gold, agriculture, oil refining and other industries.
📊 The company’s performance chemicals fall within three segments: Fluoroproducts (industrial fluoropolymer and refrigerant resins which include Teflon, Nafion, Freon, Viton and Krytox); Chemical Solutions (sulphuric acid, reactive metals, cyanide, methylamines and aniline); and Titanium Technologies (titanium dioxide).
Its history dates back to 2015 when it was founded as a spin-off from DuPont.
📊 Chemours is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and today it has more than 7 000 employees.
📊 The Chemours Company’s subsidiaries include Antec International, Chemours (Korea) Inc., Southern Ionics Minerals, LLC, Chemours France SAS, Chemours Taiwan Ltd., F T Chemical, Inc. and Chemours Netherlands BV.
HISTORY OF THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
- In 2013 DuPont announces its plan to spin-off its performance chemicals business into a new publicly traded company. This will be done in mid-2015 and the company will be called The Chemours Company. In December 2014 DuPont files its initial Form 10 with the SEC.
- On July 1, 2015 the spin-off to DuPont shareholders is complete. The Chemours Company’s stock starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange on the same day. By 2017, in less than two years, Chemours realizes its potential among the international commercial elite and becomes a Fortune 500 Company.
- In 2016 more than $ 600 million is invested into the Ti-Pure™ plant in Altamira, Mexico. This increases the plant’s capacity significantly and ensures that it continues to serve its international customers – maintaining Chemours’ status as the largest TiO2 producer in the world.
- In the same year the company completes its strategic review of its Chemical Solutions portfolio. Chemours sells its Sulfur Products business for an estimated price of $ 325 million. The company also announces its $ 230 million planned sale of its Clean and Disinfects business.
- In 2019 Chemours buys Southern Ionics Minerals, LLC (SIM) – a minerals exploration, mining and manufacturing company. In the same year the company achieves National Certification as a Great Place to Work® for a second year in a row.
VISION & VALUES OF THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
- The Chemours Company believes in creating a colourful, cleaner and capable world through the power of chemistry.
- The company’s values are customer centered and it drives customer and company growth by understanding its customers’ needs and building relationships that last well into the future.
- It aspires to improve the lives of people across the globe by harnessing the power of chemistry and using it to be a catalyst for the better.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
- The Chemours Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CC”. It is an S&P 400 Component.
- In its second quarter 2019 the company reports net sales of $ 1.4 billion and net income of $ 96 million, with diluted EPS of $ 0.57. Its adjusted net income is $ 120 million, with diluted adjusted EPS of $ 0.72.
- Adjusted EBITDA is $ 283 million. Chemours returned $ 108 million to its shareholders through share repurchases and dividends
LATEST NEWS THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy THE CHEMOURS COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN THE CHEMOURS COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE THE CHEMOURS COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of THE CHEMOURS COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy THE CHEMOURS COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?