ABOUT TIGER BRANDS
📊 Tiger Brands first came into being with the introduction of Tiger Oats to the South African market in 1921, which has grown to become one of the most prominent cereal brands today.
In 2000 Adcock Ingram became a wholly owned subsidiary of Tiger Brands, expanding the company’s portfolio into the home and baby market. The company went on to acquire Jelly Tots, the sugar confectionary division of Nestle. This was followed by the acquisition of Bromor Foods, Energade and Oros in 2006 followed by the unbundling of Adcock Ingram in 2008. In the same year the company expanded its African footprint with the acquisition of a controlling stake in Haco Industries of Kenya and Chococam of Cameroon.
📊 In 2013 the company acquired a 63.35% interest in Dangote Flour Mills in Nigeria and the Mrs Ball’s trademark, followed by further expansion into the African market with the acquisition of East African Group of Ethiopia, Deli Foods of Nigeria and Davita, a South African exporter of powdered seasoning and beverages.
📊 Tiger Brands has become a large company with a wide and high-value portfolio encompassing food, beverages, body care and home products. The group consists of four operational divisions consisting of Food, Consumer Foods, Home Personal and Baby, and its Export and International division. Under this umbrella the group operates in over 60 countries globally, with a special presence in emerging markets, distributing such recognizable brands as Oros, Tastic, Koo, All Gold, Fattis & Monis, Beacon, Albany, Crosse & Blackwell, Black Cat and Doom.
📊 Tiger Brands maintains its vision of delivering top-tier financial results and to be recognized by all stakeholders as the best FMCG company in South Africa as well as the most recognizable growth company on the African continent.
📊 The company was first listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in 1925, where its share price has flourished to become one of the top 40 listings, which trades with a market cap of over R41 billion under the stock symbol –TBS.
You might also like: SPAR GROUP SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF TIGER BRANDS
- Tiger Brands has maintained its position as a market leader in its various market sectors, despite a restrained consumer economy in recent years. This is based largely on the company’s longstanding market domination and the reputation of its recognizable brands, many of which have become a staple in South African homes.
- This has allowed domestic consumer demand to maintain a steady increase despite a downturn in its international markets.
- The company’s financial data has reflected this steady performance, with domestic operating earnings on the rise, contributing to a confident share price on the JSE. Tiger Brands works to manage this growth path through a sound strategy of increased innovation, expanded marketing efforts and prudent capital expenditure.
- The company has also been investing in its operational efficiency in order to continue delivering its products successfully to its various market sectors, with business forecasts showing a strong return on these efforts, particularly with the ongoing rise in consumer spending.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF TIGER BRANDS
- The live online stock charts show that Tiger Brands remains a steady buy, while market indicators show that the company’s steady increase is set to provide solid dividends on investment in 2019 and beyond.
- With the company’s effective management strategy and a turnaround in consumer spending, a solid long-term buy is available for those investors who choose to purchase Tiger Brand shares on the JSE.
You might also like: FOSCHINI GROUP SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy TIGER BRANDS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN TIGER BRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE TIGER BRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of TIGER BRANDS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy TIGER BRANDS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BIDVEST SHARES