UNDER ARMOUR (UAA) Stocks
ABOUT UNDER ARMOUR
📊 Under Armour, Inc., an American apparel manufacturer, was founded in 1996 and has its headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. The company designs, markets and distributes branded performance apparel, footwear and accessories for men, women and children.
📊 The company was established on September 25, 1996 by Kevin Plank, a former captain of the University of Maryland football team. His experience wearing sweat-soaked T-shirts under his jersey inspired him to make a T-shirt from moisture-wicking synthetic fabric.
📊 He soon perfected the design of a T-shirt made from microfibers that wicked moisture and kept athletes cool, dry and light. This breakthrough quickly led to the launch of apparel lines such as GoldGear, TurfGear, StreetGear and AllseasonGear. By the end of 1996, the company had generated US$17.000 from the sales of HeatGear shirts.
📊 The company also has offices in major hubs such as Amsterdam (European headquarters), Austin, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, London, Mexico City, Paris, San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai, to name but a few.
📊 Today, the company employs about 15 800 people across its operations.
You might also like: UDR STOCKS
HISTORY OF UNDER ARMOUR
- Under Armour, Inc. conducts its business through five primary segments: North America comprising the U.S. and Canada; Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA); Asia-Pacific; Latin America, and Connected Fitness. The company’s products are worn by athletes at all levels and across all playing fields worldwide. Its product portfolio comprises athletic shoes, T-shirts, jackets, hoodies, pants, leggings, shorts and accessories.
- As of the end of 2016, the company operated 18 brand-house stores in the U.S. It also distributes its products in the U.S. through third-party logistics companies located in New Jersey, Florida and Canada. It markets its apparel and footwear through wholesale customers and independent distributors, as well as online. It also sells its branded products to a variety of sports clubs and –teams in Europe.
- The company’s apparel portfolio offers clothing in various styles and fits and includes three gearlines: HEATGEAR, COLDGEAR and ALLSEASONGEAR. Footwear products comprise running, basketball, performance training and outdoor footwear. Technologies used in design include UA Clutch Fit, Anafoam and Charged Cushioning.
VISION & VALUES OF UNDER ARMOUR
- The company strives to inspire its global clientele by offering them performance solutions they never knew they needed and can’t imagine living without. It seeks continuous innovation and conducts its operations fearlessly but with integrity. The company’s business ethos is founded on complete honesty and it values its employees, clients and stakeholders.
- Under Armour Inc. stands for quality and is passionate about producing products that will make its clientele legendary. It aims to lead by example and encourages collaboration and diverse perspective.
- By stimulating its growth through sound business practices the company adds value for its stakeholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF UNDER ARMOUR
- Under Armour, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “UAA” (Class A) and “UA” (Class C). The company is an S&P 500 component.
- For the first quarter 2019, the company’s wholesale revenue increased by 5% to US$818 million. Gross margin increased by 100 basis points to 45.2%, compared to the prior period. Total debt was down 36% to US$590 million.
- These financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: TRIPADVISOR STOCKS
LATEST NEWS UNDER ARMOUR
Buy UNDER ARMOUR stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase UNDER ARMOUR Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy UNDER ARMOUR Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN UNDER ARMOUR STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE UNDER ARMOUR STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of UNDER ARMOUR stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy UNDER ARMOUR stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : TRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY STOCKS