UNDER ARMOUR (UAA) Stocks
ABOUT UNDER ARMOUR
📊 Under Armour, Inc., an American apparel manufacturer, was founded in 1996 and has its headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. The company designs, markets and distributes branded performance apparel, footwear and accessories for men, women and children.
📊 The company was established on September 25, 1996 by Kevin Plank, a former captain of the University of Maryland football team. His experience wearing sweat-soaked T-shirts under his jersey inspired him to make a T-shirt from moisture-wicking synthetic fabric.
📊 He soon perfected the design of a T-shirt made from microfibers that wicked moisture and kept athletes cool, dry and light. This breakthrough quickly led to the launch of apparel lines such as GoldGear, TurfGear, StreetGear and AllseasonGear. By the end of 1996, the company had generated US$17.000 from the sales of HeatGear shirts.
📊 The company also has offices in major hubs such as Amsterdam (European headquarters), Austin, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, London, Mexico City, Paris, San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai, to name but a few.
📊 Today, the company employs about 15 800 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF UNDER ARMOUR
- Under Armour, Inc. conducts its business through five primary segments: North America comprising the U.S. and Canada; Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA); Asia-Pacific; Latin America, and Connected Fitness. The company’s products are worn by athletes at all levels and across all playing fields worldwide. Its product portfolio comprises athletic shoes, T-shirts, jackets, hoodies, pants, leggings, shorts and accessories.
- As of the end of 2016, the company operated 18 brand-house stores in the U.S. It also distributes its products in the U.S. through third-party logistics companies located in New Jersey, Florida and Canada. It markets its apparel and footwear through wholesale customers and independent distributors, as well as online. It also sells its branded products to a variety of sports clubs and –teams in Europe.
- The company’s apparel portfolio offers clothing in various styles and fits and includes three gearlines: HEATGEAR, COLDGEAR and ALLSEASONGEAR. Footwear products comprise running, basketball, performance training and outdoor footwear. Technologies used in design include UA Clutch Fit, Anafoam and Charged Cushioning.
VISION & VALUES OF UNDER ARMOUR
- The company strives to inspire its global clientele by offering them performance solutions they never knew they needed and can’t imagine living without. It seeks continuous innovation and conducts its operations fearlessly but with integrity. The company’s business ethos is founded on complete honesty and it values its employees, clients and stakeholders.
- Under Armour Inc. stands for quality and is passionate about producing products that will make its clientele legendary. It aims to lead by example and encourages collaboration and diverse perspective.
- By stimulating its growth through sound business practices the company adds value for its stakeholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF UNDER ARMOUR
- Under Armour, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “UAA” (Class A) and “UA” (Class C). The company is an S&P 500 component.
- For the first quarter 2019, the company’s wholesale revenue increased by 5% to US$818 million. Gross margin increased by 100 basis points to 45.2%, compared to the prior period. Total debt was down 36% to US$590 million.
- These financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.