UNITED AIRLINES HOLDINGS (UAL) Stocks
ABOUT UNITED AIRLINES HOLDINGS
📊 United Airlines Holdings, Inc., formerly known as United Continental Holdings, Inc., is one of the largest airline holding companies in the world. Together with its subsidiaries United Airlines, Inc. and United Express, the company operates more than 4 900 flights a day to approximately 356 airports in five countries.
📊 Its impressive route networks include Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver and Washington D.C. United Airlines Holdings is a founding member of Star Alliance. Star Alliance provides services to more than 190 countries through 28 airlines.
📊 United Airlines Holdings, Inc.’s portfolio includes United Airlines’ 783 mainline aircraft and United Express’ 561 regional aircraft. It is also the largest carrier from the United States to offer its services to the People’s Republic of China. Numerous airlines are contracted to United Airlines Holdings, including Champlain Enterprises, CommutAir, ExpressJet Airlines, Mesa Airlines, Republic Airlines, SkyWest Airlines, Air Wisconsin Airlines and Trans States Airlines.
📊 United Airlines Holdings, Inc.’s headquarters is located in the Willis Tower of Chicago, Illinois.
📊 The company employs an estimated 93 000 people.
HISTORY OF UNITED AIRLINES HOLDINGS
- In 1926 Walter T. Varney founds Varney Air Lines (will later become United Airlines) as an air mail service. By 1933 the company is the first airline to use an all-metal Boeing 247. In 1961 Varney Air Lines merges with Capital Airlines. It is now the United States’ largest airline. The company buys the entire Pacific Division of Pan Am in 1985. In 1995 it is the first to launch the Boeing 777.
- In 1934 Varney Speed Lines is also founded by Walter T. Varney (it later becomes Continental Airlines). The company converts aircrafts for the United States Armed Forces during the Second World War. In 1990 it is one of three airlines to introduce the Boeing 747. The company expands to Europe and Asia during the next few years.
- In April 2010 the process to merge the two airlines starts. It is renamed to United Continental Holdings. In June 2019 the company changes its name to United Airlines Holdings, Inc. and keeps the stock symbol “UAL”.
VISION & VALUES OF UNITED AIRLINES HOLDINGS
- United Airlines Holdings, Inc. has a vision of uniting people around the globe and to be the best airline for its customers and employees. High standards are followed to ensure that safe and reliable services are offered.
- In August 2019 United Airlines is named to Indeed.com’s Top 50 Workplaces list. In 2018 the company is awarded a Gold-level Certification Green Hospitality Award from Audubon International. The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce and National Business Inclusion Consortium named United Airline Holdings the Best-of-the-Best Award for Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Across all Communities.
- The Human Rights Campaign named it to its list of Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality Award and the 2018 Disability Equality Index named it the Best Place to Work.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF UNITED AIRLINES HOLDINGS
- United Airlines Holdings, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “UAL”.
- Analysis data for United Airlines Holdings’ second quarter for 2019 reports a net income of $1.1 billion and pre-tax earnings of $1.4 billion. The company repurchased $536 million of its common shares.
- The average purchase price is $84.07 per share. Forecasts predict United Airlines Holdings’ shares to be an attractive buy.