UNITED UTILITIES PLC (UU) Shares
ABOUT UNITED UTILITIES PLC
📊 United Utilities plc is the United Kingdom’s largest listed water company and manages the regulated water and wastewater network in North West England.
📊 The area includes Cumbria, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside, with a combined population of nearly seven million people.
📊 United Utilities’ headquarters are in Warrington England, UK and has 5 300 direct employees.
📊 The company was founded in 1995 as a result of the merger of North West Water and NORWEB.
📊 The United Utilities Group was the distribution network operator for the North West until 2010, when the electricity subsidiary was sold to Electricity North West.
📊 They currently own, operate and maintain a variety of utility assets in addition to their water division, including electricity, gas and wastewater.
📊 They are also the UK’s leading outsourcer of utilities.
OVERVIEW OF UNITED UTILITIES PLC
- United Utilities plc owns almost 200 reservoirs and is responsible for the provision and maintenance of water supply in the region.
- Some of the company’s reservoirs are outside the North West such as the Longdendale Chain in Derbyshire and were constructed by the Manchester Corporation in the 19th century but remain networked to the North West’s water supply.
- United Utilities operates water and wastewater networks for 3 million homes and 200 000 businesses across the region. They are committed to providing great water to customers by investing in assets such as the Haweswater Aqueduct and through the West Cumbria water supply project.
- Providing clean water and removing wastewater is their major contribution to the health and wellbeing of customers and the wider public in the North West.
- Protecting their health is a fundamental business obligation, making the disposal of wastewater just as important.
- This is even more challenging in the light of rainfall is becoming more intensive due to modern weather patterns, hence United Utilities’ sewer networks had to be adapted to manage it.
VISION & VALUES OF UNITED UTILITIES PLC
- United Utilities plc believes its financial resilience is why it is the frontier company in the sector, providing the highest levels of protection to stakeholders.
- They attribute their financial strength and resilience to the rigour and scrutiny that comes with being a publicly listed company and their responsible and long-term approach to financial risk management.
- Everybody is committed to achieving the best results for the company, customers and wider stakeholders. They believe this purpose and strategy will promote the long-term sustainable success of the company, customers’ interests, and create value for shareholders.
- With such a sustainable value chain they meet the needs of their customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF UNITED UTILITIES PLC
- United Utilities plc shares are traded on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) under the stock symbol UU listed in the Gas and Water sector.
- They boast a production output of2.0 Gl/day (drinking) and 2.0 Gl/day (recycled) water. The 2018 financial year generated revenue of £ 1,735.8 million, operating income of £ 636.4 million and net income of £ 354.6 million.
- Their fair performance in the market gives shareholders confidence to buy or sell shares and expect sound dividends and returns for 2019 and the future.
Buy UNITED UTILITIES PLC stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase UNITED UTILITIES PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy UNITED UTILITIES PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN UNITED UTILITIES PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE UNITED UTILITIES PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of UNITED UTILITIES PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy UNITED UTILITIES PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?