VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS (VZ) Stocks
ABOUT VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
📊 Verizon Communications, Inc., an American multinational telecommunications conglomerate, was founded in 2000, and has its headquarters in Midtown Manhattan in New York City.
📊 The company’s history can be traced by to 1984 when the U.S. Department of Justice mandated the AT&T Corporation to break up the Bell System and split into seven companies (Baby Bells). One of these companies, Bell Atlantic, was established in 1984 and comprised of four separate operating companies, New Jersey Bell, Bell of Pennsylvania, Diamond State Telephone, and C&P Telephone. This company would later become Verizon.
📊 Verizon provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers businesses and governmental organizations. It is one of the biggest communication technology companies in the world and a global leader in innovative communications and technology solutions, designed to improve the way in which people live, work, learn and play. Verizon operates the U.S.’s most reliable wireless network and its premier all-fibre network. Its wireline unit provides local telephone, long-distance, Internet access, corporate networking and digital TV services.
📊 The company also markets devices such as phones, tablets and wearables. Verizon Communications, Inc. operates in more than 150 locations worldwide. Today, the company employs approximately 150 people worldwide. Verizon is also a corporate component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. As of 2017, the company is the largest telecommunications provider by revenue after AT&T.
You might also like: UNITEDHEALTH GROUP STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
- Verizon Communications, Inc. operates through two divisions, namely Wireless and Wireline.
- Wireless supplies communications products and services such as wireless voice and data solutions and equipment. The Wireline segment supplies voice, data and video communications, products and services, such as broadband video and data, corporate networking solutions, data centre and cloud services, as well as local and long-distance voice services.
- The company operates through a host of subsidiaries such as Verizon Delaware, Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Verizon Fios, Verizon Maryland, Verizon Media, Verizon New England, Verizon North and Verizon South, to name but a few. Through brands such as Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost, the company keeps consumers informed and entertained, whilst creating new ways for advertisers and stakeholders to connect.
- The philanthropic arm of the company, the Verizon Foundation, donates about US$70 million annually to non-profit organizations that focus on education, energy management and domestic violence preventions. Verizon’s HopeLine initiative has also provided approximately 180 000 victims of domestic violence with mobile phones.
- Verizon also owns the operating assets of Yahoo! Inc. with its AOL Inc. business to form Oath Inc., a house of more than five media and technology brands, such as Yahoo Sports, AOL.com, MAKERS, Tumblr, Yahoo Finance and Yahoo mail.
VALUES OF VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
- Verizon Communications strives to inspire future creators to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world through the use of technology. The company aims to play an inspirational role in the lives of its customers in the wireless telecommunications market.
- Verizon goes beyond products and services, as it aims to connect its clients to a larger truth about why its products and services matter. The principles that define its culture and core values are contained in the Verizon Code of Conduct.
- These include delivering superior client experiences through it conduct and operations. The company operates on a foundation of strong networks, systems and processes. It puts a high premium on the quality and reliability of its products, and strives at all times to provide its clientele with services they can rely on.
- Verizon helps people and businesses to communicate more efficiently, and its products and services enable people to stay in touch, and businesses to connect with their customers. It also brings technology and practical learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
- Verizon Communications is the only publicly traded company to have two listings in its home country, namely on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and NASDAQ. Its primary listing is on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “VZ”.
- As of 2018, Verizon is ranked #16 on the Fortune 500 list of biggest U.S. corporations by total revenue. In 2018, the company recorded revenue of US$130.86 billion, net income of US$15.52 billion, with total assets valued at US$264.82 billion.
- This strong performance boosts investor confidence. Shareholders can therefore buy and sell company stock in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB STOCKS
LATEST NEWS VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BOSTON SCIENTIFIC STOCKS