VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS (VRTX) Stocks
ABOUT VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS
📊 Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an American biopharmaceutical company, was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, in the U.S. The company’s three research facilities are located in San Diego, California and Milton Park, Oxford, in England.
📊 Vertex was one of the first biotech companies to adopt a strategy of rational drug design rather than combinatorial chemistry. The company was established by Joshua Boger and Kevin J. Kinsella. Barry Werth profiled Vertex’s beginnings in his book, The Billion-Dollar Molecule (1994). Its follow-up, which was published in 2014, The Antidote: Inside the World of New Pharma, further relates the company’s development since its founding.
📊 Vertex focusses on the discovery, development, manufacturing and distribution of small-molecule drugs available to purchase for patients with serious diseases. It develops and commercializes therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, cystic fibrosis, neurological disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, and other infectious diseases.
📊 Vertex discovered and developed the first medicines to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis (CF), a rare, life-threatening genetic disease. Apart from the company’s clinical development programmes in CF, it also has more than a dozen ongoing research programmes that focus on the underlying mechanisms of a range of other serious diseases. Today, the company employs approximately 2 800 people across its operations.
You might also like: VALERO ENERGY STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals is relentless in its pursuit to create transformative medicines. The company brings together the brightest minds and invests in science. By taking smart risks, it strikes at the core of serious diseases to transform the lives of patients worldwide. Vertex began a small research project into cystic fibrosis (CF) in 1998. Today, the company boasts the most CF compounds in clinical development in the industry, and still focusses on developing comprehensive medicines for all CF sufferers. It plays a leading role globally in the creation and development of medicines that address the underlying causes of CF.
- The company is continuously being recognized as one of the industry’s top places to work by The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and Science Magazine. Its research has also received acclaim through recognitions such as the Robert J. Beall Therapeutics Development Award, and the British Pharmacological Society and French Prix Galien awards.
- Over the years, Vertex has recorded significant breakthroughs, such as the approval of the drug, teleprevir (Incivek), an oral treatment for hepatitis C, by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2011. In May, 2011 another of its drugs, ivacaftor, was designated as an orphan drug that identified cystic fibrosis as affecting fewer than 20 000 people in the U.S. The FDA also granted approval to Vertex for the use of Kalydeco in the treatment of the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis – rather than treating the symptoms – in patients 6 years and older.
VALUES OF VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals values its employees and seeks to employ the industry’s best so it can achieve its mission of developing transformative medicines to improve the lives of those battling with serious diseases.
- The company depends on its talented global workforce to lead the charge in the journey to discover breakthrough medicines. The company ethos is based on values such as diversity, authenticity and enthusiasm for lifelong learning. Vertex believes scientific innovation is the key to stimulating growth and creating value for everyone – its clientele, employees, partners and shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “VRTX”.
- The company’s sound market performance affords its shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns. In 2018, it recorded revenue of US$3.04 billion.
- Vertex’s 2018 GAAP operating income increased by 415% to US$635 million. In the past five years the company has invested more than 70% of its revenue in research and development, proving its steadfast commitment in changing lives with its innovative products.
You might also like: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS
Buy VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : U.S. BANCORP STOCKS