VIACOM (VIAB) Stocks
📊 Viacom, Inc. Class B is a multi-platform entertainment company. The company’s products are offered through film, television, merchandise, live events, studio production and digital content that reaches almost every location in the world.
📊 Viacom has a total screen time of more than 100 billion content hours. The company creates positive experiences to its customers through its impressive portfolio of toys, apps, games and shows.
📊 The company’s Film sector offers bestseller releases and classics across the globe. The company’s Digital sector provides opportunities for its audiences to watch Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET brands and other digital content and MTV almost anywhere.
📊 Viacom’s Global Productions Studio operates through its deep IP library that offers the ability for non-company platforms to deliver entertainment.
📊 Viacom, Inc. Class B is an S&P Index component. The company’s headquarters is located in New York and it employs nearly 11 200 people.
HISTORY OF VIACOM
- In 1970 Central Broadcasting forms Viacom. It starts with 70 000 shareholders, 90 000 subscribers and annual sales of $19.8 million.
- By 1971 Viacom is one of the largest cable firms in the nation.
- The company launches Showtime in 1976. The movie network competes with big names such as HBO.
- It invests $65 million in cable infrastructure in 1981. The same year it buys a Chicago radio station named WLAK-FM for a price of $8 million. The company also buys Video Corp. for a price of $16 million.
- By 1982 Showtime has 3.4 million subscribers and sales exceed $140 million.
- Four years later it buys MTV Networks. In 1994 the company buys Blockbuster and Paramount and in 2004 CBS Corporation is purchased.
- During the next years several acquisitions take place and the company grows rapidly.
VISION & VALUES OF VIACOM
- Viacom, Inc.’s mission and vision is to make positive impacts on its people and the communities from which is serves. The company has more than 50 initiatives and programs that it supports. It has won several awards for its initiatives and social actions.
- More than 4 million children have been positively impacted by the company’s Worldwide Day of Play of Nickelodeon. With MTV Latin America, it supports the United Refugee Agency campaign. Viacom’s employee global day of services has made a difference in more than 100 organizations across the globe.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF VIACOM
- Viacom, Inc. Class B trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “VIAB”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports revenues of $ 3,357 million. Operating revenue is $ 1,717 million.
- Total expenses are $ 2,600 million and operating income is $ 757 million. Total assets are $2 3,648 million. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period are $ 722 million. Dividends paid are $ 242 million.