ABOUT VIVO ENERGY
📊 Vivo Energy energy was founded in 2011 as a downstream function of Shell operations in Africa. Initially, its operations began in Cape Verde, Senegal, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco and Tunisia. In 2013 the company began its retail expansion program, adding over 100 service stations in the year.
📊 Today the company is an Africa-based marketer and distributor of Shell fuels and lubricants with more than 1800 service stations in more than 15 countries across the continent. The company’s service portfolio functions in three market sectors, being retail, commercial and lubricants, with its retail sector taking up 60% of its operations, commercial consisting of 28% and the rest belonging to lubricants.
📊 The company functions to deliver lubricants and fuels to countries without service stations, with more than 500 service stations distributed across the continent today.
📊 Registered as a company in the UK, Vivo is listed on the London Stock Exchange as well as the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), where it currently trades under the stock symbol –VVO with a market cap of over R26 billion.
You might also like: WOOLWORTHS SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF VIVO ENERGY
- With the opening of 116 new retail outlets in 2017 alone, Vivo has grown to be the second largest fuel retailer in Africa, its retail services supporting the majority of the company’s growth across the continent.
- As such,Vivo Energy has been operating under a strategic expansion plan, adding value to its asset portfolio by improving its outlets with upgraded convenience stores. The company has also worked to bolster its market presence through strategic partnerships with Burger King and KFC, which has worked to attract further clientele to its already burgeoning retail outlets with these popular in-store franchises, as well as by adding a variety of other convenient services such as car washes and oil changes to its repertoire.
- Added to this, the company’s deal with Engen is forecast to add a further 500 retail stations to its collection.
- Apart from its high growth record in the retail sector, Vivo’s Vitol Aviation brand supplies 23 airports across 8 African countries with aviation fuel as well as an increasing number of merchant fleets in the marine transport industry, as well as fuel to a variety of mining operations and energy producers. These comprehensive fuel and lubricant packages have served to bolster its commercial sector, enhancing its overall performance.
- All in all, Vivo Energy’s solid portfolio and strong performance in its three markets will serve to boost its share price and deliver good dividends for those who choose to purchase them on the JSE.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF VIVO ENERGY
- While the data from the live online stock charts indicates a recent decline in Vivo’s share price, economic forecasts show that its dominant position in the African markets, bolstered by its strong backing from Shell, is set to deliver long-term growth in these developing nations.
- The African fuel market has maintained steady growth since 2000, and with a broadening mine industry in Africa, Vivo’s products are set for increased demand, which in turn will deliver good returns for investors who buy shares on the JSE.
- This long-term economic growth forecast coupled with Vivo Energy’s extensive expansion is set to cause an increase in its share price, making this a solid buy in 2019 and beyond for investors who hope to reap rewards in the long run.
You might also like: VUKILE PROPERTY FUND SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy VIVO ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN VIVO ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE VIVO ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of VIVO ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy VIVO ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : VODACOM SHARES