📊 The Vodacom Group is a majority-owned division of Vodafone, one of the biggest global telecommunications companies. Vodacom grew from a small South African business to become a leading mobile network provider in Mozambique, Lesotho, Tanzania and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Added to this, the Vodacom Business Africa division offers business services to individual companies in more than 40 African countries, with over 55 million customers in South Africa alone.
📊 Vodacom’s early growth in South Africa was also boosted by its strong support and alignment with the country’s new democracy, its optimistic Yebo Gogo advertisements establishing its place in the social consciousness of South Africa as a positive role-player in the business community. Added to this, the Group’s commitment to investing in technological growth on the continent has cemented its place as an important role-player in economic and technological development.
📊 Vodacom’s commitment to African brand-consciousness as well as its broad offering has meant that today the Vodacom Group is one of Africa’s most lucrative and influential telecommunications companies, placing itself firmly as one of the leaders in African technological development, and expanding its portfolio to include mobile, messaging, voice data, and converged services across the socio-economic range of customers.
📊 Furthermore, Vodacom’s commitment to environmental protection and sustainability makes it a smart choice for ethical investors, an increasingly important aspect of investor sentiment today. On the environmental front, the Group works with stakeholders to minimise their carbon footprint and continues to invest in energy efficiency, while currently exploring renewable energy options to power their network operations. Vodacom’s stated sustainability goals include the protection of human rights as well as the promotion of ethical practices and anti-corruption.
📊 These aspects of the Group’s corporate ethos combined with their lucrative growth both domestically and internationally have resulted in a sound and positive investor sentiment, making Vodacom a popular choice for potential shareholders.
You might also like: VIVO ENERGY SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF VODACOM
- Vodacom believes that its rampant expansion is largely due to its unique growth strategy, which works to set apart its customer experience from other network providers through competitive price strategies which provide customers with more value for money and prompts new customers to buy from across the range of services provided by the Group.
- Vodacom is confident that this competitive network pricing strategy, along with the increasing demand for mobile data as smart devices become more widely used across the continent, will secure its continued growth going forward.
- In a bid to secure its future in the growing demand for mobile technology, Vodacom has increased network investments to secure its place on this wave of projected technological growth in Africa. Included in this investment portfolio is not only technological expansion such as fibre-optic cables and device connectivity through so-called “smart appliances”, but also broadened customer services like M-Pesa (a mobile phone-based money transfer and financing service). All of these investments on the front line of growth in Africa work to secure Vodacom’s increased performance in future share prices.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF VODACOM
- Data gathered from live online stocks charts show that Vodacom shares have continued to show strong value for shareholders, yielding good long-term dividends for those who purchase these shares.
- Coupled with Vodacom’s strong historical presence as well as their investment and commitment to future technological growth on the African continent, the Vodacom Group proves to be a valuable and lucrative buy for traders on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
You might also like: WOOLWORTHS SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy VODACOM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN VODACOM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE VODACOM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of VODACOM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy VODACOM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : VUKILE PROPERTY FUND SHARES