VULCAN MATERIALS (VMC) Stocks
ABOUT VULCAN MATERIALS
📊 Vulcan Materials Company, an American supplier of construction aggregates, was incorporated on February 14, 2007 and has its headquarters in Birmingham, Alibama. The company focuses on the production, distribution and sale of construction materials. It produces construction materials such as gravel, crushed stone and sand and operates approximately 300 production facilities. The company operates in 19 states as well as the District of Columbia and Mexico.
📊 Vulcan Materials Company is the U.S’s largest producer of construction aggregates and a primary producer of aggregate-based construction materials such as asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. The company’s coast-to-coast footprint and extensive distribution network serves the nation’s growth centers. About 110 of its facilities produce asphalt and/or concrete. All of these are situated in the U.S. except for a large quarry and marine terminal on the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico. The latter facility’s products are shipped to the U.S. Gulf Coast where quality stone cannot be mined locally.
📊 The company’s products are used in almost all forms of construction. Large quantities of its aggregates are utilised in the construction and repair of valuable infrastructure such as roads, bridges, ports and waterworks. It is also used to build residential and non-residential structures such as houses, office buildings, hospitals and churches.
📊 Vulcan aggregates are also used as ballast for construction and maintenance of railroad tracks. Today, the company employs approximately 8 300 people across its various operations.
You might also like: VORNADO REALTY TRUST STOCKS
HISTORY OF VULCAN MATERIALS
- Vulcan Materials Company conducts its operations through four segments: Aggregates, Asphalt Mix, Concrete and Calcium. As of the end of 2016, the company had 337 active aggregates facilities. Its sells construction aggregates outside the United States. The Aggregates segment produces and sells aggregates such as crushed stone, sand and gravel. It also offers related products and services such as transportation. This segment primarily serves markets in 20 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and Mexico.
- These aggregates are utilized in a variety of ways: as base material under highways, airport runways and railroads; to enable water filtration, purification and erosion control, and as raw material used together with other resources to construct houses and apartments, commercial buildings, sewer systems and retail space.
- The Asphalt Mix division produces and sells asphalt mix in Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas. This segment is dependent on the company’s reserves of aggregates and functions as a customer to its aggregates operations. The concrete segment markets its ready-mixed concrete in Georgia, New Mexico, Maryland, Texas, Virginia, District of Columbia and the Bahamas.
- It services its concrete segment customers from its local production facilities or by truck. The company buys its cement for its ready-mixed concrete production from third-party producers.
VISION & VALUES OF VULCAN MATERIALS
- Vulcan Materials Company is passionate about advancing and developing societies through its products. It continuously strives to meet customers’ expectations as a responsible steward with regards to safety and the environmental impact of its operations and products.
- The company’s business operations are founded on values such as integrity, accountability, drive and teamwork. By implementing these values in its activities and interaction with employees, partners and stakeholders, the company is able to grow and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF VULCAN MATERIALS
- Vulcan Materials Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “VMC”.
- In 2018, the company recorded total revenue of US$4.382.869 billion and gross profit of US$1.100.945 billion.
- These sound financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: VERISIGN STOCKS
LATEST NEWS VULCAN MATERIALS
Buy VULCAN MATERIALS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase VULCAN MATERIALS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy VULCAN MATERIALS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN VULCAN MATERIALS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE VULCAN MATERIALS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of VULCAN MATERIALS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy VULCAN MATERIALS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BLUE APRON HOLDINGS STOCKS