W.W. GRAINGER (GWW) Stocks
ABOUT W.W. GRAINGER
📊 W.W. Grainger, Inc. is a distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products. The company’s portfolio includes products for safety, inventory management services, material handling and metalworking as well as technical support. Products include material handling, fasteners, safety supplies, lighting and motors.
📊 W.W. Grainger, Inc. operates from North America, Japan and Europe. Its client portfolio includes government, commercial, manufacturing and healthcare services. The company operates in high-service models, for customers with intricate needs, and single-channel models, for customers with less-intricate needs.
📊 W.W. Grainger, Inc.’s headquarters is located in Lake Forest, Illinois. The company offers more than 1.7 million stocked products from 5 000 suppliers. It employs more than 24 thousand people in its nearly 600 branches and more than 30 distribution centers. W.W. Grainger serves more than 3.5 million active customers.
You might also like: VULCAN MATERIALS STOCKS
HISTORY OF W.W. GRAINGER
- In 1927 the company is founded by William Wallace Grainger and a year later it is incorporated as W.W. Grainger. Products are sold via mail order, post cards and a catalogue called the MotorBook. The company soon expands and by 1936 it has 15 branches.
- W.W. Grainger becomes a publicly traded company in 1967. It starts paying dividends to its shareholders and still do so today.
- The company’s website is launched in 1996 with an online catalog which soon grows into an e-Commerce platform. In August 2011 W.W. Grainger buys the Fabory Group for a price of $346 million. A year later it buys a company from Worcester, Pennsylvania named Techni-tool, Inc. for a price of $40million.
- Several more purchases are made to expand W.W. Grainger during the next few years.
VISION & VALUES OF W.W. GRAINGER
- W.W. Grainger, Inc. takes its corporate, social and environmental responsibility very serious. Its goal is to keep businesses working and in control, while keeping their employees safe. W.W. Grainger has won numerous awards and recognitions during 2018. The company is an FTSE4Good Member. Barron’s named it 8th Most Sustainable Company in the United States.
- It is on the list of Big 50 Industrial Distribution companies and Fortune named it on its list of World’s Most Admired Companies. It is also a Women’s Choice Award for Best Companies to Work For.
- In 2018 alone, W.W. Grainger uses more than a 100 thousand environmentally preferable products, has a 10-15 percent reduction in energy use and has an 86 percent recycling rate for United States’ distribution center network. The company provides vital resources to help the communities from which it operates. More than $36 million cash and product are donated to non-profit organizations.
- To encourage and support educational programs, W.W. Grainger awarded 122 scholarships. Since 2001 the company has donated more than $19 million to Red Cross.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF W.W. GRAINGER
- W.W. Grainger, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “GWW”.
- Analysis data for W.W. Grangers’ second quarter for 2019 reports operating cash flow of $323 million, a 30 percent increase. Sales is $2.9 billion and reported operating earnings are $380 million.
- Adjusted operating earnings are $377 million. The company pays quarterly dividends to its shareholders.
You might also like: VORNADO REALTY TRUST STOCKS
LATEST NEWS W.W. GRAINGER
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy W.W. GRAINGER Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN W.W. GRAINGER STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE W.W. GRAINGER STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of W.W. GRAINGER stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy W.W. GRAINGER stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : VERISIGN STOCKS