WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE (WBA) Stocks
ABOUT WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE
📊 Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., an American pharmaceutical holding company, was founded in 2014 and has its headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, in the United States. The company was established when Walgreens purchased a 55% stake in United Kingdom- and Switzerland-based, Alliance Boots. Walgreens became a subsidiary of the new company soon after the transaction was completed.
📊 Walgreens Boots Alliance is a global pharmacy-led, health and well-being enterprise. The company boasts a rich heritage of trusted health-care services via community pharmacy care and pharmaceutical wholesaling, that dates back more than a century. It is the biggest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination in the U.S and Europe. The company and its subsidiaries operate in more than 25 countries.
📊 Walgreens Boots Alliance has over 18 500 outlets in 11 countries. It also boasts one of the biggest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, comprising of approximately 390 distribution centres that serves more than 230 000 pharmacies, health centres, doctors and hospitals annually in more than 20 countries. It is also one of the largest buyers of prescription drugs and a wide range of other health and well-being products.
📊 Due to its size, scale and expertise, Walgreens Boots Alliance has the ability to expand the supply of prescription drugs globally, and can therefore address the rising costs of these drugs successfully.
📊 Most of the company’s outlets include a pharmacy that focuses on health care, personal care and cosmetic products, with most stores selling non-prescription medicines. The larger stores offer other services such as chlamydia testing and treatment and other health-care services. The bigger stores also provide optician services through Boots Opticians. Today, the company employs approximately 415 000 people across its operations worldwide.
You might also like: VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. operates through three divisions: Retail Pharmacy USA (Walgreens and Duane Reade subsidiaries), Retail Pharmacy International (Boots and other international retail operations), and Pharmaceutical Wholesale (incorporating Alliance Healthcare).
- Walgreens and Duane Read (Retail Pharmacy USA) both sell prescription and over-the-counter drugs, as well as a range of household items such as personal care and beauty products. Walgreens offers access to consumer goods and services, as well as pharmacy, photo department, health and wellness services in the U.S via its retail drugstores. This segment operates 9 560 drugstores. Walgreens also has several online stores such as Beauty.com Drugstore.com and VisionDirect.com. Walgreens operates in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- Boots (Retail Pharmacy International) produces a large number of brands, such as No7, Soltan and Botanics, and also includes Boots Pharmaceuticals and Boots Laboratories. No7 is known for its anti-aging beauty serums, while Soltan markets UVA 5-star protection. The Botanics range uses plant extracts in a number of products.
- The Boots own product range includes skincare, medicines and health-care products, to name but a few. Boots Laboratories launched a skincare range for independent pharmacy customers in France, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Germany. Its generic prescription drug brand, Almus, is marketed in five countries, and is an umbrella brand for an extensive range of low-cost generic medicines. Walgreens also has its own product line called “Well at Walgreens”.
VALUES OF WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. strives to be the first choice for pharmacy, well-being and beauty globally, and the company cares deeply for people and communities around the world. It is passionate about helping the world’s people to lead healthier and happier lives.
- The company’s passion for inspiring a healthier and happier world is reflected in its set of core values. It gains and maintains its global clientele’s respect through operating with integrity, and always striving to do the right thing.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “WBA”. The company also trades on the NASDAQ.
In 2018, the company recorded sales of US$131.5 billion, an increase of 11.3% over the previous fiscal cycle.
- Its revenue was US$131.5 billion and its total assets were valued at US$68.12 billion. These sound financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: VALERO ENERGY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE
Buy WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : UNITED PARCEL SERVICE STOCKS