WALT DISNEY (DIS) Stocks
ABOUT WALT DISNEY
📊 The Walt Disney Company (known as Walt Disney or just Disney), a multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate, was founded in 1923, and is headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, in the United States.
📊 The company was founded by brothers Walt and Roy O. Disney as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio. It functioned under the names Walt Disney Studio and Walt Disney Productions, before being renamed to the Walt Disney Company in 1986. It is a leader in the American animation industry, and has since also diversified into action film production, television and theme parks.
📊 From the 80s onwards, Disney has established and acquired a corporate division to market more mature content than is usually associated with its primary family-orientated brands.
📊 Its film studio division, Walt Disney Studios, comprise Disney Pictures, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, Searchlight Pictures, Blue Sky Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney Media Networks and Walt Disney Direct-To-Consumer & International.
The company also operates and owns the ABC broadcast network and cable-television networks such as the Disney Channel, ESPN, FX, Freeform, National Geographic and A&E Networks. It also owns Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, a group of 14 theme parks around the globe.
📊 Today, the Walt Disney Company employs more than 200 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: WALMART STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF WALT DISNEY
- The Walt Disney Company operates through four business segments: Media Networks, Parks Experiences and Products, Studio Entertainment and Direct-To-Consumer and International.
- Media Networks includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, domestic television stations and radio networks. Its Studio Entertainment division produces and acquires live-action and animated motion pictures, direct-to-video content, live stage plays and video recordings. The Direct-To-Consumer division handles digital subscription streaming services and international holdings.
- The company’s Imagineering unit develops new theme-park concepts and attractions, and resort properties. Walt Disney also designs games for mobile platforms, and publishes books and magazines. Marvel Entertainment is a direct CEO reporting business with its financial results primarily divided between the Studio Entertainment and Consumer Products segments.
- Disney has a host of entertainment holdings, such as Walt Disney Studios, Disney Music Group, Disney Theatrical Group, Walt Disney Television, Radio Disney, Disney Interactive, The Muppets Studio, Pixar, Disney Digital Network and Marvel Entertainment. The latter is a direct CEO reporting business, with its financial results primarily divided between the Studio Entertainment and Consumer Products segments.
- The company’s resorts and diversified related holdings comprise, among others, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Paris, Shangai Disney Resort, Disney Vactation Club, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney.
- Disney has been a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average since 1991. Mickey Mouse, one of its most recognizable characters, serves as the company’s official mascot.
VALUES OF WALT DISNEY
- The Walt Disney Company mission is to be one of the world’s leading providers and producers of entertainment and information. Walt Disney Company’s values and ethics are engrained in the company’s culture. They comprise of five key components. The first is a commitment to innovation and technology, so as to offer cutting-edge entertainment at all times. The company also strives to maintain a high standard of excellence in all of its operations.
- It values the family unit and is dedicated to positive, inclusive ideas about family, which enables the company to provide entertainment for all ages.
- Walt Disney is also values its rich tradition of storytelling that inspires and delights, and is committed to honour and respect decency in order to keep its audience’s trust. It also believes in transparency and diversity, and motivates its workforce through encouraging participation and innovative thinking.
- People are at the centre of all Walt Disney Company’s operations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WALT DISNEY
- The Walt Disney Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “DIS”.
- In 2018, the company recorded revenue of US$59.434 billion and net income of US$12.598 billion. Its total assets were valued at US$98.598 billion. These strong financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: VISA STOCKS
LATEST NEWS WALT DISNEY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WALT DISNEY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WALT DISNEY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WALT DISNEY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WALT DISNEY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WALT DISNEY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS STOCKS