WEYERHAEUSER (WY) Stocks
📊 Weyerhaeuser Company is a leading land, forest and timber company. The company’s headquarters is in Seattle, Washington and it employs nearly 10 000 people. Its portfolio consists of several segments including Real Estate, Energy and Natural Resources, Timberlands as well as Wood Products.
📊 The Timberland segment reforests harvested land with seedlings, harvests trees to produce lumber, pulp and paper as well as wood products. It consists of more than 13 million acres and operates nurseries and seed orchards in Arkansas, Mississippi, Oregon, Washington, Georgia, Louisiana and South Carolina.
📊 The Real Estate, Energy and Natural Resources segment handles acre properties that the company intends to sell or develop for conservation, commercial, residential or recreational use.
📊 It analyses and manages oil and gas, mineral as well as renewable energy opportunities on its land. The Wood Product segment manufactures and distributes engineered wood products, structural panels, softwood lumber and several other products.
📊 Products are provided to residential, industrial, repair and commercial markets. Building products are purchased from other companies.
You might also like: WESTROCK STOCKS
HISTORY OF WEYERHAEUSER
- In January 1900 the Weyerhaeuser Timber Company is founded by Frederick Weyerhaeuser and fifteen partners. They buy 900 000 acres of timberland from the Northern Pacific Railway. The company builds the world’s largest sawmill in Longview, Washington in 1929.
- In 1959 the company changes its name to Weyerhaeuser Company. It expands its portfolio to Canada and builds its first bleached kraft pulp mill.
- In 1967 Weyerhaeuser Company launches its High Yield Forestry Plan which involves the planting of seedlings, soil fertilization, rehabilitation of brush lands, thinning and genetic improvement of its trees. Weyerhaeuser buys 3 200 acres of Northwest Landing land in 1975. Using an urban design to create environmentally friendly habits, the company develops a town named DuPont.
- The late 1990’s sees the company ending its mortgage banking, information systems and financial services. It expands to South America, Asia and Australia. Weyerhaeuser purchases MacMillan Bloedel Ltd., a large forestry company from Vancouver, Canada. In 2002 it acquires a Portland, Oregon company named Willamette Industries, Inc.
- International Paper buys Weyerhaeuser’s Containerboard Packaging and Recycling business in 2008 at a price of $6 billion. In 2013 the company buys Longview Timber at a price of $2.65 billion. It expands Weyerhaeuser Company’s portfolio with 645 000 acres of timberland in Washington and Oregon.
- In 2016 it purchases Plum Creek Timber for $8.4 billion. Owning approximately 13 million acres of timberland, Weyerhaeuser Company is now the largest United States’ private owner of timberland.
VISION & VALUES OF WEYERHAEUSER
- Weyerhaeuser Company believes in sustainability to create long term value. A cycle of growing, harvesting and planting trees forms part of its vision for the future. This cycle ensures clean air and water, renewable energy, job creation, wood supply for products and wildlife habitat.
- The company cares for its trees and source responsibly. Forest harvest residuals (tree tops and limbs as well as bark) are used in bio energy facilities for the production of renewable energy to minimize its carbon footprint.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WEYERHAEUSER
- Weyerhaeuser Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “WY”.
- Analysis data for the company’s second quarter for 2019 reports total assets of $17,029 million.
- Operating income is $186 million and net sales are $1,692 million. Net cash from operations is $396 million. Dividends paid in the reported period are $0.34 per common share.
You might also like: WESTERN UNION STOCKS
LATEST NEWS WEYERHAEUSER
Buy WEYERHAEUSER stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase WEYERHAEUSER Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WEYERHAEUSER Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WEYERHAEUSER STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WEYERHAEUSER STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WEYERHAEUSER stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WEYERHAEUSER stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : WESTERN DIGITAL STOCKS