WHIRLPOOL (WHR) Stocks
📊 Whirlpool Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of home appliances.
📊 Its portfolio includes popular brands such as Whirlpool, Maytag, Consul, KitchenAid, Amana, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Brascompretemp and Bauknecht. Products include dishwashers, laundry appliances, cooking appliances, refrigerators and freezers as well as several small appliances.
📊 Approximately 68 million products are purchased annually. Whirlpool operates out of its North America, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, Europe and Asia sectors.
📊 Whirlpool Corporation is headquartered in Benton Charter Township, Michigan. The company employs approximately 92 000 people in its 65 manufacturing facilities and research centers across 14 countries. Whirlpool is an S&P 500 Index company.
You might also like: WEYERHAEUSER STOCKS
HISTORY OF WHIRLPOOL
- Upton Machine Company is founded in November 1911 by Louis Upton. The company manufactures electric Motor-driven washing machines. Soon the company receives its first big order and Commonwealth Edison’s Federal Electric business buys 100 machines. Another big contract from Sears, Roebuck & Co. boosts growth within the company.
- In 1929 the company merges with New York’s Nineteen Hundred Washer Company. The company is renamed Nineteen Hundred Corporation. An automatic spinner is added to the machines in 1947 and the brand later becomes Whirlpool. Nineteen Hundred Corporation expands its portfolio by offering its own range of laundry products.
- In 1950 the company is renamed Whirlpool Corporation. A year later the company establishes the Whirlpool Foundation. The company buys Seeger Refrigerator Company and Whirlpool becomes Whirlpool Seeger Corporation. The same year it buys RCA’s air conditioner and cooking lines. Whirlpool Seeger starts using the RCA-Whirlpool brand name.
- In 1955 the company buys a refrigeration plant from International Harvester Company. A year later the company changes its name back to Whirlpool Corporation.
- Whirlpool purchases a well-known television producer named Warwick Electronics in 1966. It is later sold to Sanyo Electronics from Japan.
- Numerous more acquisitions and business deals take place during the next couple of years that builds the successful company that Whirlpool is today.
VISION & VALUES OF WHIRLPOOL
- Whirlpool Corporation’s products serves customers around the globe. Different brand portfolios are offered in high to low price ranges for 90 percent of the world’s population. The company is on a constant lookout for new opportunities that will create value for all parties. Whirlpool values teamwork, inclusion, respect and integrity.
- Whirlpool is committed to take care of its communities and the planet. The company practices water and energy conservation, designs manufacturing plants that create zero waste to landfill and uses solar panels and wind power in its facilities.
- Employees volunteer approximately 267 000 hours annually to more than 300 non-profit organizations.
- During 2019, Forbes names Whirlpool Best Employer for Diversity as well as to its World’s Most Admired Company list.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WHIRLPOOL
- Whirlpool Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “WHR”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $19,855 million. Net sales are $5,186 million and cost of products sold are $4,254 million. The company declared dividends of $1.20 per share.
- Cash equivalents and restricted cash at the end of the period of six months are $1,209 million. Dividends paid are $149 million.
You might also like: WESTROCK STOCKS
LATEST NEWS WHIRLPOOL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WHIRLPOOL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WHIRLPOOL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WHIRLPOOL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WHIRLPOOL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WHIRLPOOL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : WESTERN UNION STOCKS