ZIONS BANCORPORATION (ZION)
ABOUT ZIONS BANCORPORATION
📊 Zions Bancorporation N.A. (National Association) is one of the leading financial services providers in the United States. The company’s assets are valued at more than $65 billion. Its portfolio includes traditional banking services such as mortgages, loans, credit cards as well as mobile and online banking to small and mid-size companies, individuals, non-profit organizations, institutions and other companies.
📊 Zion operates from 122 locations in California, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Washington, New Mexico and Colorado. The company also has approximately 200 ATMs in the two states, Utah and Idaho.
📊 The company is a front-runner of the Small Business Administration lending and public financing services and one of the oldest financial institutes in the Intermountain Region.
📊 Zions Bancorporation N.A. is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. The company has nearly 10 100 employees. It is appears on the NASDAQ Financial 100 indices as well as the S&P 500 Index.
You might also like: XYLEM STOCKS
HISTORY OF ZIONS BANCORPORATION
- In 1873 Zion’s Savings Bank and Trust Company is founded and incorporated in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- The company steadily grows and even survive the stock market crash of 1929.
- In 1957 Zions Savings Bank and Trust Company, First National Bank of Salt Lake City and Utah Savings and Trust Company merges.
- The newly formed company is named Zions First National Bank. In 1960 Keystone Insurance and Investment Company buys the majority of The Church of Jesus Christ’s interests in Zion.
- A year later the company becomes the majority owner of Keystone’s interest when it is incorporated in Nevada.
- In 1965 the investment company is renamed Zions Bancorporation
VISION & VALUES OF ZIONS BANCORPORATION
- Zions Bancorporation N.A. has received numerous awards during the years.
- The American Banker Magazine awards Zion One of the Best Banks to Work for from 2013 to 2018. It is named one of the Most Powerful Women in Banking from 2013 to 2017.
- In 2018 the company is named by CNN Money Magazine as one of the Best Banks in America. During 2018 Zion receives three Greenwich Excellence Awards. The company has been named to the Overall Satisfaction in the Western Region nine times. Best Brand Manager names the company Lender of the Year and Small Business Journalist.
- Zion is also named as Best Marketer of the Year, 100 Most Influential People and Healthcare HEROES Corporate Achievement Awards. These are just a few awards that the company frequently wins.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ZIONS BANCORPORATION
- Zions Bancorporation N.A. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “ZION”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 report total assets of $69,223 million.
- Total noninterest income is $132 million. Net income is $198 million. Total deposits made are $54,332 million and total net loans are $48,219 million. Dividends and other investment income are $9 million.
You might also like: WYNN RESORTS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ZIONS BANCORPORATION
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ZIONS BANCORPORATION Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ZIONS BANCORPORATION STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ZIONS BANCORPORATION STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ZIONS BANCORPORATION stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ZIONS BANCORPORATION stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : WHIRLPOOL STOCKS